Saturday 30 May 2009

Day 150


I've started running again.

Possibly not the most earth-shattering statement but one with some significance. I'm not a natural athlete and when friends tell me about going to the Gym I usually ask if he is cute and single. However running is different. For a start my running is sporadic. I can go months without running and then I have to go. It's usually when my head starts to feel a bit messy. There is something almost cleansing about selecting great tunes on my iPod and running at a steady, rhythm and losing myself within it. At this time of the year I tend to go at stupid o'clock in the morning which heightens my sense of solitude.

x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you. I can't run, wish I could but I lack the motivation.

Katy Swift said...

I never said I can run but I do. The motivation is easy and complex at the same time. It frees my mind and at the same time I feel like I'm escaping.

Katy Swift said...
This comment has been removed by the author.