Saturday 8 August 2009

Day 220


I went for a mooch around York today. It's a gorgeous city and I'd forgotten how much I loved it. I spent hours, sketching, colour drawing and of course taking photo. It's one of those times when you think to yourself "Oh but I can only post one photo a day!". So this was one that I really loved and these are the ones I posted on my other blog! I'm so devious.

I love the light streaming in and the lightness it gives the architecture. It makes the stone almost gleam. Maybe you prefer one of the others.

x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice - the light makes it almost spiritual!!

Katy Swift said...

I know what you mean. The mood was made more so when the choir started rehersal.

susanvg said...

I was in York decades ago and loved the city. I was with the band from my high school and we got to play two concerts (one in St. George's Hall and the other in the Museum Gardens). I remember touring the cathedral -you brought back memories.

Katy Swift said...

Glad to oblige xx