Wednesday 29 July 2009

Day 210


Today's word is "cauldron".

I wanted to try and get some photos of the font in the church down the road from me but it was all locked up. As I walked back, I spotted this jutting out of the wall. Over it read the legend "Water for the Thirsty".

To be honest, I doubt it works anymore (I didn't fancy giving it a go) but it was still a receptacle for liquid - in this case rain. The cauldron has the power to hold life and protect it. As a cup it brings people together and binds them. So too does this water fountain. It holds water, without which, life wouldn't be able to exist.

x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice take! Like the angle at which you captured it, along with the door to the church. Nice composition and colors.

Katy Swift said...

Cheers. I felt it was the angle that worked best too.